lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject I Need System Design Suggestion. Please.
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:52:33 GMT
Hi,
I am going to use mysql db to store some data, use
lucene(java) to index these data, and use Hibernate to
map them. I was originally thinking of using PHP to
input the data the visitors enter into the mysql db.
But if I use PHP and use mysql statement directly, it
may defeat the part of the purpose of Hibernate which
is to make the system db portable. But I don't want to
use PEAR. And I don't want to learn Java Servlet.

So I am thinking of using PHP, then PHP-Java-Bridge,
then Hibernate to map the data into mysql db. But it
sounds kinda of stupid because it seems that I added a
layer of complexity without a reason. Using Servlet
and Hibernate, or PHP and mysql seems to be faster,
but I can't use Hibernate to cover the whole mysql db
anymore.

What do you think? Any suggestion?  I am also looking
for performance and how well the system scales.

Many thanks.