lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aigner, Thomas" <TAig...@WescoDist.com>
Subject RE: Optimize vs non optimized index
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:17:10 GMT
Thanks for the advice Yonik.. I do have deletions in my 1.4.3 index. I
downloaded the lucene-1.9-rc1-dev.jar file to give it a go and after
upgrading a few of the methods from the deprecated methods, I keep
getting this error: class "org.apache.lucene.document.Field$Store"'s
signer information does not match signer information of other classes in
the same package

If I can get this to go, I will retest.
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Yonik Seeley [mailto:yseeley@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:37 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Optimize vs non optimized index

Do you have any deletions in the non-optimized version of the index?
If so, a bug was fixed recently that made for some very slow queries:

You could also try a smaller mergeFactor, which would slow indexing,
but decrease the number of segments, and hence speed searching.

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706