lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Rösener <m...@joachim-roesener.de>
Subject Re: RangeQuery over many indexed documents seems to be buggy
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:32:08 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 09.11.2005, 08:53 -0500 schrieb Erik Hatcher:
> On 9 Nov 2005, at 08:43, Joachim Rösener wrote:
[...]
> > Can you explain, maybe fix this?
>
> ah, the lure of young women.... ;)
What else?! :-)

> Is it perhaps you're getting an exception and eating it somewhere
> along the way?   How many unique birthdays are there in that range?
> You have over the default limit of 1,024 documents, so I suspect you
> are getting a TooManyClauses exception.
Hmm, when I catched Throwable t (instead of IOException e) around
IndexSearcher.search() I realized the stackTrace created by
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses in my log ...
Thanks for your hint, this was really helpful!

Improvement suggestion:
Maybe TooManyClauses should not extend RuntimeException
(so that it has to be catched)?

Yours sincerely,
Joachim Roesener.