lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Subject Re: Search problems
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:56:07 GMT
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 16:35 -0400, Sharma, Siddharth wrote:
> My index has 4 keyword fields and one unindexed field.
> I want to search by the 4 keyword fields and return the one unindexed field.
>
> I can iterate over the documents via Luke.
> But when I search for the same values that I see via Luke, it does not find
> the document.
> Out of the 4 fields, 2 are alphanumeric and searching on just these two
> fields does succeed and I can find the document in question.
>
> The other 2 fields can have numeric values. When I include these two fields
> in the search, the same document cannot be found.
>
> I thought that the fact that these fields had numeric values might be the
> reason for the search to be unsuccessful. So I browsed for another document
> via Luke where these fields had alphanumeric values, but again could not
> find the document? Returns no result.
>
> What could the problem be? Any ideas?
> I have added all the 4 fields with 'Field.Keyword'.

Field.Keyword requires an exact match, i.e. you should manually create a
TermQuery. Luke will analyze your query and hence tokenise it. Almost
certainly the tokens it creates won't match the values in your field,
because they have to be an exact match.

The StandardAnalyzer is the analyzer Luke uses by default. It will make
the search terms lower case, and AFAIK it almost removes numbers from
the query.

--
Miles Barr