lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "gekkokid" ...@gekkokid.org.uk>
Subject Re: Lucene + LSI
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:22:27 GMT
sorry have to ask - whats LSI - " latent semantic indexing"?

_gk
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorenzo Viscanti" <lorenzo.viscanti@gmail.com>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>; <chandana3002@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: Lucene + LSI

It depends on the kind of implementation you are thinking of.
You can use Lucene to create the inputs to the LSI, and then use them in
your own system. I've written that code and it works, for searches and
clustering.
But if you are figuring out an LSI enhanced Lucene search system (based on a
specific Similarity implementation?), I have to tell you that It wouldn't be
so easy to integrate LSI into the Lucene's APIs.
Lorenzo