lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Keegan <peterlkee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "docMap" array in SegmentMergeInfo
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:30:19 GMT
Hi Yonik,

Your patch has corrected the thread thrashing problem on multi-cpu systems.
I've tested it with both 1.4.3 and 1.9. I haven't seen 100X performance
gain, but that's because I'm caching QueryFilters and Lucene is caching the
sort fields.

Thanks for the fast response!

btw, I had previously tried Chris's fix (replace synchronized method with
snapshot reference), but I was getting errors trying to fetch stored fields
from the Hits. I didn't chase it down, but the errors went away when I
reverted that specific patch.

Peter