lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: score formula in Similarity javadoc
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:23:13 GMT
With respect to different terms in a boolean query, they will contribute to
the total score proportional to idf^2, so I think the javadoc as it exists
now is probably more correct.

A single TermQuery will have a final score with a single idf factor in it,
but that's because of the queryweight factor... look at the implementation
of TermWeight for more details.

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706