lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java on 64 bits
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:55:01 GMT
One possibility: if lucene runs out of memory while adding or optimizing, it
can leave unused files beind that increase the size of the index. A 64 bit
JVM will require more memory than a 32 bit one due to the size of all
references being doubled.

If you are using the compound file format (the default - check for .cfs
files), then it's easy to check if you have this problem by seeing if there
are any *.f* files in the index directory. These are intermediate files and
shouldn't exist for long in a compound-file index.

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://tinyurl.com/7m67g