lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom sort with multiple fields?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:41:28 GMT
You can use the FieldCache to access the values of multiple fields (the same
source default sorting uses).

Alternately, if you want to generate a score based on a function of multiple
fields rather than doing an absolute sort, you can use FunctionQuery:

> 2. In spite of knowing the syntax, is this a perf killer? Is it better to
> load all the values in one field, then split them out in a string[]
similar
> to the LIA example?

Separate fields is more flexible (unless you never want to sort or query on
them independently). The performance would depend somewhat on what function
you are calculating.

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://tinyurl.com/7m67g