lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Thompson <steven.m.thomp...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Security Advice
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:04:19 GMT
The simple scenario is this:
 One large text document with three sections
 Section A
Section B
Section C
 Three user groups:
 User Group X
User Group Y
User Group Z
 I want to provide security to the various sections of the document to
certain groups of users. For example, User Group X can only search on
Section A, and User Group Y can search on Section A and Section B.
 We have considered various scenarios such as partitioning the document into
separate fields or even having separate repositories, but we then get hung
up on search syntax.
 In searching the archives and reading the LIA book I see examples of
document-level security, but this almost seems to be a different security
problem. I'm not necessarily looking for the perfect solution, but rather
different approaches that we can look at.
 -Steve Thompson