lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Analyzers
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:52:31 GMT

: understand your recommendations.  Is there a way that I can just
: incorporate Stem, Soundex, and Standard into one search.  In other words,
: don't toggle anything.  Just index using custom analyzer that contains
: Stem, Soundex, and Standard analyzers at once.  And search using the custom
: analyzer that has Stem, Soundex, and Standard.  I can live with just having
: all on compared to only having one of the three.  Please, advise.  Thanks
: again for your swift responses.

even if you don't need a toggle to decide which approach to take, you're
still probably going to be better off if you index the fields seperately.
assuming you want the conceptional fields "title", "description", and
"body" to all be searchable, use real fields like...

        Stem          Soundex       Standard
        title_stem    title_sound   title
        desc_stem     desc_sound    desc
        body_stem     body_sound    body

...and at query time, build up a single BooleanQuery (or perhaps
MaxDisjunct query) that contains the users search words tested against
each of the various fields.

-Hoss