lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Sentence boundary storage
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:07:33 GMT

: Actually, I was thinking of writing something along the lines of
: Span*BoundaryQuery where it would be more explicit than what was
: described below.  You could say SpanSentence and say you want the terms

I'm not clear on how such a SpanSentence class would work -- the index
must contain info about where sentence boundaries are, which means users
would need a special analyzer/tokenizer to create Terms for those
boundaries, and would need to tell the SpanSentence class what those
tokens are.

It sounds like maybe you could write some convinience methods to construct
the SpanQuery structure for you, but I don't see any practicle way to make
a generic SpanSentence class.

: codify what is discussed below into a few convenience Span queries, or
: maybe we should just write it up better and put on the wiki or something...

If you impliment it in an acctual application (instead of just theorizing
it like Doug and I have done) then i definitely think I would make a
usefull HOWTO if you hvae time to write one up...

	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowTo

-Hoss