lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Webfarm and Index Location
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:46:08 GMT

This thread proved very usefull for several of us when discussing this
topic in the past...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200503.mbox/%3c1109713160.18862.109.camel@localhost%3e

: Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:06:49 -0400
: From: msftblows@aol.com
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Webfarm and Index Location
:
: Hey-
:
: I would like to store my index in one location, and then have all my IIS servers on the
farm call that one index. Basically, I am looking for the best approach here...and any ideas
anyone has...
:
:
: 1. Store index on SAN and have each server call that location...seems this is an issue because
on the SAN I can not have more than one shared drive per computer calling it...would need
LUN for each.
:
: 2. Store index on a shared drive (not on a SAN), and then cluster that box that I store
the index on...will this work? What over-head for a shared drive call?
:
: 3. Make a webservice call
:
: 4. Make a remoting call