lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: lucene versions
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:47:53 GMT

1.4.3 is in fact the last "official" release.

docs that refer to 2.0 or 1.9 are refering the the proposed next release.
When they refer to bugs fixes or features added in 2.0 or in 1.9 they are
refering to the code currently available in the trunk of subversion.

An explanation of the distinction between 2.0 and 1.9 can be found on the
wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Lucene2Whiteboard

  Release Migration Plan

  Immediately prior to release 2.0 will be release 1.9, which will include
  all of the new 2.0 APIs, and all of the now-deprecated 1.x API's. 2.0
  will be identical to 1.9, but with all deprecated APIs removed. To port an
  application to 2.0 one should first compile it against 1.9. Once it
  compiles against 1.9 without deprecation warnings, it should be 2.0
  compatible.