lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Koji Sekiguchi" <koji.sekigu...@m4.dion.ne.jp>
Subject RE: Optimize/Indexing progress state - time remaining
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:38:37 GMT
Hi Olivier,

This information may solve your problem, but it's a plan
on Lucene 2.0:

Lucene 2 Whiteboard
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Lucene2Whiteboard

Other Changes
2. Implement a callback interface for processes which can run for several
minutes
like IndexWriter.optimize(). The idea is to define a simple public interface
which can be
implemented by developers using lucene. The object implementing the
callback,
could be passed to methods like optimize() and can inform the caller when
one
of the steps to process has finished. This would make it much easier in
interactive
applications to inform the user that the system is working and not frozen.

Thank you,

Koji