lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: List of removed stop words?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:29:42 GMT

On 31 Oct 2005, at 07:02, Rob Young wrote:
> Is there an easy way to list stop words that were removed from a
> string? I'm using the standard analyzer on user's searchstrings and
> I would like to let them know when stop words have been removed
> (ala google). Any ideas?

Nothing automatic with the built-in analyzers that remove stop
words... but you could tokenize without removing stop words, and
remove them before forming the query and taking note of the ones
removed.  Or create a custom StandardAnalyzer variant that used a
custom StopFilter that took note of the words removed.

Surely some other ways I haven't thought of too.

     Erik