lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:17:45 GMT
Olivier,

Your best bet it to discuss this on the java-dev list.  At this
point, we haven't a firm volunteer for pushing out a release.  I'd be
thrilled for someone to step up to the plate.  The first thing would
be to go through JIRA and see what issues are open.  There are a
number of great contributions that have not been applied.  I'd
personally be willing to apply some patches that have been blessed by
Doug or others.

There is no date set.  I realize that some companies become fixated
on having "1.9 FINAL", but there is not really a good reason for such
concern... the only difference, if we built the release now, between
1.9-dev-rc<whatever> and 1.9 FINAL is _nothing_.  Build what is in
Subversion and run with it :)  Report issues if you encounter any.

     Erik