lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Siddharth" <Siddharth.Sha...@Staples.com>
Subject RE: Search problems
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:50:35 GMT
I figured out the problem when I copied the document from the clipboard.
It had trailing spaces.
After I changed the database query to have an ltrim(rtrim(
for each query, prior to indexing, its fine now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharma, Siddharth
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:35 PM
To: 'java-user@lucene.apache.org'
Subject: Search problems

Hi

My index has 4 keyword fields and one unindexed field.
I want to search by the 4 keyword fields and return the one unindexed field.

I can iterate over the documents via Luke.
But when I search for the same values that I see via Luke, it does not find
the document.
Out of the 4 fields, 2 are alphanumeric and searching on just these two
fields does succeed and I can find the document in question.

The other 2 fields can have numeric values. When I include these two fields
in the search, the same document cannot be found.

I thought that the fact that these fields had numeric values might be the
reason for the search to be unsuccessful. So I browsed for another document
via Luke where these fields had alphanumeric values, but again could not
find the document? Returns no result.

What could the problem be? Any ideas?
I have added all the 4 fields with 'Field.Keyword'.

Thanks
Sid