lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Quaroni" <dquar...@OPENRATINGS.com>
Subject Delete doesn't delete?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:41:25 GMT
I know there's a little bit of trickery when it comes to deletes (i.e. it's still in the index
until optimize, still available to open readers, etc) however I'm having this problem:

I've implemented a call to delete by term.  It tells me that it deleted 1 item, but then I
go and open a new reader on the index, search for this document, and I find it.  Confused,
I run the delete again, and it once again tells me 1 document deleted.  And still, I can open
a new searched and search for it.

I've tried closing the reader that I used to delete it, still no luck.

Any suggestions?