lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <Luc.Vanlerber...@bvdep.com>
Subject RE: IndexSearcher in servlet containers
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:35:40 GMT
Take a look at the DelayCloseIndexSearcher I contributed yesterday.

You should set up a SearcherFactory in an object that implements
ServletContextListener that receives webapp startup/shutdown events and
your servlets should get an IndexSearcher from that factory, use it and
then close it (as if it was a normal IndexSearcher instance)

There's an example of a simple SearcherFactory in the javadoc.  I'll
perhaps post a more performant version later on based on what I am (or
rather will be) using in production.

Luc

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyril Barlow [mailto:info@fantasyfooty.org]
Sent: woensdag 5 oktober 2005 15:15
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: IndexSearcher in servlet containers

Has anyone got experience of using the IndexSearcher in a servlet? I'm
having caching problems when there's a lot of different concurrent users
with the current setup. Currently the setup is to create a IndexSearcher
per servlet doPost call and close it after. But with concurrent requests
- especially ones which are performing fairly complex ranked boolean
queries that take a few seconds are causing caching problems - sometimes
a completely different set of results will be returned or nothing at
all. Has anyone come across errors like these before or know best
practices for searching in concurrent servlets?

Thanks