lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From msftbl...@aol.com
Subject Webfarm and Index Location
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:06:49 GMT
Hey-

I would like to store my index in one location, and then have all my IIS servers on the farm
call that one index. Basically, I am looking for the best approach here...and any ideas anyone
has...

1. Store index on SAN and have each server call that location...seems this is an issue because
on the SAN I can not have more than one shared drive per computer calling it...would need
LUN for each.

2. Store index on a shared drive (not on a SAN), and then cluster that box that I store the
index on...will this work? What over-head for a shared drive call?

3. Make a webservice call

4. Make a remoting call

Anything else?

Regards!