lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From msftbl...@aol.com
Subject Re: Lucene in Action : example code -> document-parsing framework ...
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:09:29 GMT
Do you have the log4j.properties file in the classpath?

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricio Galeas <galeas@informatik.uni-siegen.de>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:46 +0200
Subject: Lucene in Action : example code -> document-parsing framework ...

Hi ALL,
I try to run the an example of the "Lucene in Action" book :

Chapter 7: Parsing Common Document Formats:
lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer

I have downloaded all the source code from www.manning.com/hatcher2
and create a java project in Lucene 3.1.

I become the following error message when the PDF document is indexed :
---------------------------------------
Indexing E:\Galeas\downloads\LuceneInAction\LuceneInAction\src\lia\handlingtypes\data\addressbook-entry.xml

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).

Indexing E:\Galeas\downloads\LuceneInAction\LuceneInAction\src\lia\handlingtypes\data\addressbook.xml

Indexing E:\Galeas\downloads\LuceneInAction\LuceneInAction\src\lia\handlingtypes\data\HTML.html

Indexing E:\Galeas\downloads\LuceneInAction\LuceneInAction\src\lia\handlingtypes\data\MSWord.doc

Indexing E:\Galeas\downloads\LuceneInAction\LuceneInAction\src\lia\handlingtypes\data\PDF.pdf

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
  at org.pdfbox.pdfparser.BaseParser.<clinit>(BaseParser.java:70)
  at lia.handlingtypes.pdf.PDFBoxPDFHandler.parseDocument(PDFBoxPDFHandler.java:118)
  at lia.handlingtypes.pdf.PDFBoxPDFHandler.getDocument(PDFBoxPDFHandler.java:32)
  at lia.handlingtypes.framework.ExtensionFileHandler.getDocument(ExtensionFileHandler.java:39)

  at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:43)
  at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:36)
  at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.main(FileIndexer.java:77)