lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan GuÅūvinec <ivan.guzvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending 'sealed' classes & usage in comercial solution.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:21:58 GMT
Hi all,

I'm under the impression that this list might also be used for questions
regarding the .NET port of Lucene (Lucene.NET).

I would have to extend some of the 'sealed' classes in Lucene.NET that we
use extensively in our products. That would require of me to edit/change the
library which is constrained by Apache licence. As I understand there are no
licencing problems if we use unmodified source/binary distribution in our
product, but what about modified/changed sources/binaries?

Would it be ok, if we just published our modified library, or are there any
other requirements/restrictions regarding the usage in our commercial
solutions?

Can anyone please elaborate on this issue.

Regards,
Ivan