lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rasik Pandey <rbpan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RemoteSearchable and sorting
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:23:38 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Sorting needs access to an IndexReader so it can do Term lookups, and
I don't think there is a remote impl of IndexReader probably because,
among other reasons, not all objects related to Terms are
Serializable. IMHO, it would be NICE to have a RemoteReader and a
ParallelMultiReader to round out the API like:

ParallelMultiReader, RemoteReader, MultiReader, Reader

AND

ParallelMultiSearcher,RemoteSearcher, MultiSearcher, Searcher

Regards,
Rus