lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rasik Pandey <>
Subject Re: RemoteSearchable and sorting
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:23:38 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Sorting needs access to an IndexReader so it can do Term lookups, and
I don't think there is a remote impl of IndexReader probably because,
among other reasons, not all objects related to Terms are
Serializable. IMHO, it would be NICE to have a RemoteReader and a
ParallelMultiReader to round out the API like:

ParallelMultiReader, RemoteReader, MultiReader, Reader

ParallelMultiSearcher,RemoteSearcher, MultiSearcher, Searcher

On 10/5/05, Jeff Rodenburg <> wrote:
> Are there known limitations or issues with sorting and RemoteSearchable? I'm
> encountering problems attempting to sort through a MultiSearcher
> (ParallelMultiSearcher, actually). I'm using an array of RemoteSearchable
> objects as the Searchable[] source. If I change the source indexes to be
> local IndexSearchers, sorting works just fine.
> I've searched the threads of this mailing list as well as the outstanding
> issues on the Apache issue tracker, but haven't found anything related to
> this problem.
> Thanks,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: