lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene and databases
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:50:08 GMT
JDBCDirectory doesn't help you to index content in rdms.
It just stores the lucene index into rdms. This approach will be
slower than file system based approach.

For your first question, "Indexing content that is stored in a dbms",
you can take a look at DBSight. It's a generic tool to easily extract
content from database and build an index, which seems simple, but
behind the scene, it does more than that, including, multi-threaded
extraction and search, multi index support, template-based search
result, scheduled index updating, web-based control and configuration,
remote index replication, etc.

Chris Lu
Lucene Full-Text Search on Any Database
http://www.DBSight.net