lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin L. Cobb" <kevin.c...@emergint.com>
Subject Help with Search Java Code set up
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:28:50 GMT
I've been using Lucene happily for a couple of years now. But, this new
search functionality I'm trying to add is somewhat different that what
I'm used to doing. Would help if the smart folks on this list would
drive me in the right direction.

I have several "searchable" fields and one keyword field in my index. I
usually work with EITHER the keyword or the searchable (non-keyword)
fields at a time, but this time I want to deal with them together. I
need to be able to do a term search in the "searchable" fields but at
the same time apply another term to the keyword field.

At this point, I'm thinking that I'll need to do two distinct searches,
one using the search term in what I'm calling my searchable fields, and
the other using the other term in the keyword field. Then join the two
HIT lists together.

Looking for some advice.

Thanks,

Kevin