lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Rodenburg <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject MaxFieldLength or MaxFields?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:50:29 GMT
I'm considering building out an index that will flatten a data structure,
such that some Document "A" will have Fields 1,2 and 3.
Fields 1 and 2 are indexed/tokenized field. Field 3 is indexed, and will
contain many discrete values (up to possibly 5000).

Couple of questions:
1. Does the DEFAULT_MAX_FIELD_LENGTH on IndexWriter come into play for Field
3? Field 3 values are added to the document individually, there's just a
bunch of them.
2. Is MaxFieldLength a consideration for this?

Any guidance before I go through the trouble of building the index would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks,
- j