lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Rodenburg <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom sort with multiple fields?
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:13:59 GMT
In following the LIA custom sort example, the calculated sort value is based
on a field that contains all necessary values, i.e. "x,y" which is split
into two values for use in a distance algorithm.

Suppose I want a custom sort basis that performs a similar calculation, but
is based on a multiple # (3,4,....n) of fields?

1. I assume I'm just not connecting the dots on the API, but how do I get
the terms from multiple fields in order to generate the calculation?
2. In spite of knowing the syntax, is this a perf killer? Is it better to
load all the values in one field, then split them out in a string[] similar
to the LIA example?

cheers,
jeff r.