lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: Indexing
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:01:06 GMT
you have to delete doc with id and re-add it.

if index is updated continuously then  you should batch your updates
(first delete all old docs and then add new docs)

anushri kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've 4 fields in a document ie. id, URL, modified date, contents. id is unique for each
document. I wanted to know if I index a document with the same id again , will the previous
document (in the index) be overwritten or do I have to delete the index for that document
first and then re index the modified one.

> Thanks,
> Anu

regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak