lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tobias L├╝tticke <t.luetti...@inovex.de>
Subject Re: Usage RAMDirectory
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:31:31 GMT
Hi Rob,

 > How important is it that the search index be absolutely up to date?

Very important, I'am afraid. There are two web apps (out of historical reasons - they are

located in the same EAR) with different users. Say a user creates or updates records. Then

the changes have to be available immediately for the other user in the other application.
Sounds kind of weird probably, but that's the way it is :-)

I am probably going to try what the performance benefit of using RAMDirectory would
roughly be and then decide whether I take the effort of double index update. Shouldn't be

too bad.

Thanks
   Tobias