lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Jaquemet <olivier.jaque...@jalios.com>
Subject Bad explanations
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:25:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am encoutering a really weird problem, I'm doing a query which gives
me perfectly good results, with scores which are looking pretty right
too. I wanted to display an explanation of some of my results just to
check for something, and ALL hits output this explanation
0.0 = product of:
  0.0 = sum of:
  0.0 = coord(0/3)

It's been two hours I have been digging through my code for a possible
reason to this.
I even tried to simplify my code:
- I was using a MultiFieldQueryParser, I removed it in favor a simpler
QueryParser, no change. still good results but same bad explanation
- I was using a MultiIndexSearcher wrapper to reuse the searcher as long
as no indexing occured, I remove it and created a new one which only
search one index, no change. still good results but same bad explanation
I tried the same query a MultiFieldQueryParser creates, with luke and
explanation (of simple query) are good!

Here is how i call the explain method:
      for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++) {
        Document    doc = hits.doc(i);
        [...]
        logger.debug(searcher.explain(query, i));
      }

I could not find anything and I have no idea where to look.
So if you can see my mistake or know how this problem can occurs please
help !

Olivier