lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Young <bubble...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Funny results with Fuzzy
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:05:57 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2005, at 07:35, Rob Young wrote:
>
>>> Try setting the QueryParser.setFuzzyPrefixLength to 1.
>>>

>> That would be a great start. How would I implement that if I'm  using
>> FuzzyQuery rather than QueryParser?
>

> Use the FuzzyQuery constructor that sets this value:
>
>     <http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
> FuzzyQuery.html#FuzzyQuery(org.apache.lucene.index.Term,%20float,%
> 20int)>

This requires the match to be on the begining of the field as a whole
rather than terms within the field. I have a field called "all" which
has title, artist for CDs title, director for DVDs, title, platform for
Games so when I run the FuzzyQuery you suggest on this I get no results.
Is there no way to say "the begining of the search term must match the
begining of any of the terms in the searched field"?

Cheers
Rob