lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Young <>
Subject Re: Funny results with Fuzzy
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:05:57 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2005, at 07:35, Rob Young wrote:
>>> Try setting the QueryParser.setFuzzyPrefixLength to 1.
>> That would be a great start. How would I implement that if I'm  using
>> FuzzyQuery rather than QueryParser?
> Use the FuzzyQuery constructor that sets this value:
>     <
> FuzzyQuery.html#FuzzyQuery(org.apache.lucene.index.Term,%20float,%
> 20int)>

This requires the match to be on the begining of the field as a whole
rather than terms within the field. I have a field called "all" which
has title, artist for CDs title, director for DVDs, title, platform for
Games so when I run the FuzzyQuery you suggest on this I get no results.
Is there no way to say "the begining of the search term must match the
begining of any of the terms in the searched field"?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message