lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Jaquemet <olivier.jaque...@jalios.com>
Subject Optimize/Indexing progress state - time remaining
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:31:33 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a nice way to get information regarding the current progress
state of any/all those operations:
- IndexWriter optimize
- IndexWriter index
- IndexReader delete
For example, having a synchronized method to retrieve a percentage of
completion from writer/reader in another thread would be great! And then
it would be quite easy to compute an estimated time remaining for my
users to know what's happening when they want to reindex all their
content or do anything quite time consuming.

I could not find anything in the API nor on the ML regarding this.
Any suggestions?

Olivier