lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: How Fast is MemoryIndex? How Much Resource Does It Use?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:40:19 GMT
>>If so, why not use it for the normal operation as well?

Because MemoryIndex only allows you to store/query one document.
It is fast, but I would not suggest running 10000 queries against it.

Why not try store the queries as documents in a special index and query
them using the subject document.
The results will be a rough short-list of the queries you now need to
run (ie less than 10,000!).  Put the subject document eg "i sell red
nike shoes" into a memory index then run the selected queries against it.

These queries may have mandatory clauses  ( eg +/- operators) which may
cause them to fail when run as queries against the MemoryIndexed subject
doc which is why the first "query the queries" search is insufficient to
find the matches.

Cheers,
Mark