lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maik Schreiber <blizzy-keyword-lucene_user.f54...@blizzy.de>
Subject Non-scoring fields
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:29:04 GMT
Hi,

Just a quick question: How do I add non-scoring fields to a query? Set boost to 0?

To be more specific, my documents have a "permissions" field containing the
names of groups who are allowed to access the document. When searching, I
search for the particular user's group (a user is in exactly one group).
Searching in the "permissions" field adds to the score, however, so that more
restrictive documents (having fewer groups in the field) tend to get a higher
score, thus showing up more towards the top of the list. I just don't want
that, though...

--
Maik Schreiber   *   http://www.blizzy.de

GPG public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F11D713
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713