lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Roxana Angheluta <rox...@attentio.com>
Subject java on 64 bits
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:46:52 GMT
Hi everybody!

We have a large Lucene index which gets updated very often.
Until recently the java virtual machine used to manage the index was on
32 bits, although the program was running on a 64bits station. Last week
we changed the java to 64 bits and since then we experience strange
problems, the index grows very large. I'm not sure the 2 are related,
that's why I ask here: is it possible that the index got corrupted
after we updated the jvm? Is there any relation between the size of the
index and the jvm used?

I hope the questions make sense, thanks,
roxana