lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Young <bubble...@gmail.com>
Subject Search on all fields in a document
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:20:47 GMT
Hi,

If I have a document with a number of fields in it, is there a way to
say that I want to search for a term across all those fields without
stating the terms explicitly?

Detail:

I have multiple different types of products (cds, dvds, games, books
etc.) each different product has different fields in it's document but
all are indexed in the same index. This works for advanced searches but
I would like to have a simple search where the user just whacks in a
string (say Micheal Jackson) and the search would search through all
terms of all documents and return cds by Micheal Jackson, music dvds by
him, his biography perhaps, and maybe even a book on how to get away
with pedophilia ;)

Any ideas?

Cheers
Rob