lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Cortes <dcor...@fib.upc.edu>
Subject Hits sorted
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:58:29 GMT
Hi everybody, I have a problem when I find all the documents added in
the last days in my index. It works good but I want show this results
sorted. What I have to do?

My code is this:

    private RangeQuery findINTODates(int days) {
        Term from;
        Term to;

        Calendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar();
        calendar.add(Calendar.DATE,-(days));

        SimpleDateFormat originalFormatter = new SimpleDateFormat
("yyyyMMdd");
        from = new
Term("DATE",originalFormatter.format(calendar.getTime()));
        to = new Term("DATE",originalFormatter.format(new Date()));

        RangeQuery lastdays= new RangeQuery(from,to,true);

        return lasdays;
    }

and I call this

    Hits returned=searcher.search(findINTODates(num_days));

What I have to do? I have to use DateFilter or Sort elements ?  I don't
know how to work with these classes.
In mMy documents of lucene I added the field Date how a string and not
how a date because it's more easy for add documents to index in my case.

thks for all.