lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Hadfield <m...@animarc.com>
Subject Re: query across fields?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:29:28 GMT

Hello -

a quick follow-up to my previous post.

In the SpanNear (or for that matter PhraseQuery), one can set a slop
value where 0 (zero) means one following after the other.

How can one differentiate between Terms at the **same** position vs. one
after the other?

ie:
(Token)/Position

vs
( A B )/0 (C)/1 (D)/2 ...

How can a SpanNear (or anything) query for A,B tell these two cases apart?

---Marc