lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Hadfield <m...@animarc.com>
Subject Re: query across fields?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:45:35 GMT
Thanks Doug -

I'll give Span Query's a try as they can handle the 0 increment issue.

My original desire to have more than one field comes from my document
represention which includes multiple fields containing (the same)
document text using different stemmers, as, depending on the type of
query, i may need to use results from a different stemmer. this is
necessary as we index text containing complex biological names and some
otherwise useful stemming chokes on the names.

So, although my immediate need is met, I would still be interested in
considering how cross-field queries might work.

----Marc