lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Jaquemet <olivier.jaque...@jalios.com>
Subject Re: Renewing IndexSearcher on index change.
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:08:04 GMT
Thank you very much Volodymyr!
Exactly the perfect answer I needed.
One last question: how do you manage brutal interruption of you program?
Cause as far as I am concerned, if I don't use a finalize method in
which I close opened searchers, if for some reason the jvm terminates,
on next run of my program, lucene throws TimeOut exception when trying
to open lock file, as it was not close properly.

Oh, by the way, because I'm sure every lucene developper once had the
same kind of need, maybe it should figure in the distribution of Lucene...?

Olivier Jaquemet <olivier.jaquemet@jalios.com>
Ingénieur R&D Jalios S.A.
Tel: 01.39.23.92.83
http://www.jalios.com/