lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject idea of a useful reporting in search results
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:10:54 GMT

Hello,

I come to realize that a very nifty way to add explanations inside the
search results to a user would be to do so in the list (and not in the
elementary result display).

What would be real nice would be to be able to say:
- below, no more match of term x
- below only match in this field
... and so on. In my case it'd get reformulated into such things as
"below only phonetic matches"...

I think it should be possible to realize this today with the explanation
function but it seems pretty expensive. Would there be better ways ?
Maybe using QueryFilters to intersect elementary queries with the result?

How does this idea sound ?

paul