lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: indexwriter and index searcher
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:09:54 GMT
Hi Malcolm,

--- MALCOLM CLARK <malcyclark@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am relatively new and scared by Lucene so please don't flame me.

I won't flame, but you just hijacked somebody else's thread.... baaad
boy!

> I have abandoned Digester and am now just using other SAX stuff.

No need to be afraid of Lucene nor SAX.  Have you got a copy of Lucene
in Action?  If not, consider getting at least a PDF version (cheaper)
and peeking at its code (free) - see http://lucenebook.com/ .  If you
look at chapter 7, you'll get most of the code you need for indexing
XML.

> I have used the sandbox stuff to parse an XML file with SAX which
> then bungs it into a document in a Lucene index.The bit I'm stuck on
> is how is a elementBuffer split up into several items.I have a
> elementBuffer with three 'article' documents but only shows as one
> when using Luke to view the index?
> please advise.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.... take look at LIA code.  If
that doesn't help, start a new thread, show the code, and somebody may
be able to provide some advice.

Otis