lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: How Fast is MemoryIndex? How Much Resource Does It Use?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:13:17 GMT
It is fast.
>> so, why not use it for the normal operation as
well?

Because it only stores one document.

Given the number of queries you have I'm not sure I'd
run them all. How about putting them as docs into a
categorisation index then using the subject document
as a query to selct a subset of the queries you need
to run?
This should give you a rough shortlist of queries then
you can run them all against the one memory-indexed
subject document to see if they *really* match i.e if
the mandatory/AND statements are all satisfied.

Cheers,
Mark