lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sam Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject How Fast is MemoryIndex? How Much Resource Does It Use?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 05:58:55 GMT
Hi,
  Someone suggested that I should use MemoryIndex to
match content to a large # of queries. e.g. "nike red
shoes" --match--> "nike shoes -blue"  and --match-->
"nike shoes -black"...  What if I have 100000 of these
queries for each content?  and there maybe 1000000 of
these contents.

But how fast is MemoryIndex?  Is it cpu and memory
intensive?  I read somewhere and it said that it is
about  three order faster than normal operation.  If
so, why not use it for the normal operation as well?

Many thanks.