lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sam Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I Do Reverse Search?
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:50:56 GMT
Yes, I thought of that.  But since the ads have
negative keywords, it's very possible for the webpage
to match the ads but not the other way around because
of the negative keywords.  So the system cannot be
sure that the ads match the webpage until it uses ads'
keyword and negative keywords to rematch the webpage.
This is a lot of resource for having each ad to match
the webpage again..

webpage www.mysite.com --match--> ad1.....ad101

Then I match each ad with the webpage.
But due to negative keywords:
ad1....ad100 --NOT match--> www.mysite.com
ad101 --match--> www.mysite.com

# of queries = 102

If there is a way to match content with boolean
keywords, then # of query is 1 only.  Huge difference!

Any idea how to accomplish this?