lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sam Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I Do Reverse Search?
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:39:27 GMT
ok, I am implementing a google adsense/adwords-like
system.  For examples, the website has keywords "nike
red shoe", so it can match text ad with keywords "nike
shoe -blue".  Of course, I can always use the text ad
keywords to match the website's keywords.  But it will
take too much resource to have all ads to rematch the
new websites whenever new websites joins the ad
network.  So I need a way for the new websites to
"reverse match" the text ads.

So if new website has "nike red shoes" as keywords,
then it should match all text ads with "nike shoes
-blue".  The only difference is that it is doing it in
reverse.

many thanks.