lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sam Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How To Implement Google Adwords-Like Text Ad?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:48:07 GMT
But can the Bayesian classifier narrow down the ads
precise enough?  When I look at Google Text Ads, they
are really precise.

For examples, if I search "PHP" in google or it's a
webpage about PHP, it doesn't show ads just because
they are computer science related, it just shows the
ones that is PHP related.

Also there is negative keywords in Adwords, so are
they doing 2 matches?  First, they match the webpages
to the ad, then match them the other way around using
keywords and phases and negative keywords that
advertiser entered.

Are there examples with source or websites that talk
about text ad implementation?

Many thanks.

--- Simon Courtenage <courtes@westminster.ac.uk>