lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sam Lee <victor_email...@yahoo.com>
Subject How To Implement Google Adwords-Like Text Ad?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:37:02 GMT
Hi,
I am implementing a Google Adwords-like Text Ad thing.
In Adwords, advertisers enter keywords and phases in
their ads. When visitor visits a webpage with
potential Google text ads, I want to know how they
link the webpage to the actual text ads? Linking those
text ads to the webpage is easy, they can just use the
keywords and phases advertisers enters, and then match
them against their index of webpages. But what about
the other way around, webpage to the text ads? I can
associate the webpage address with the text ads easily
by storing them in database, but it will be a problem
when new webpages join the ad network. You can't run
all the keywords and phases of the ads against the new
webpage everytime a new webpage is added, too much
resource.

How will you do it?

Many thanks.