lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From anushri kumar <anukumar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Modify existing Indexes
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:48:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to lucene. I am working on an application that searches HTML, pdf, txt and word documents.
I wanted to know how to overwrite the indexes for a document which has been modified.  Should
I overwrite that file, delete all the existing indexes and reindex all the files in the dirctory
or is there a way to reindex only that particular file.

Also I wanted to know, to index different kind of files for example in my case HTML,pdf,TXT
and word docs do I need to write different indexing programs or can I use the same indexing
program.

Thanks in advance.
Anushri